Friday 26 February 2016

BEACH ED Friday 26th February

Our personal voice reactions to the day ....

Masaya - I experienced two boogie board charging to me at the same time! I ducked and …….PHEW! This is my experience!

Judith - I liked playing octopus with the adults and liked doing the rescue tube. The waves were strong but I had fun. I was scared to do boogie board but now I like boogie boarding.

Keah - We learnt some lifeguard rules and how to stay safe in the water. We had to watch out for rips and now we know how to spot them and what to do if caught in one. I was glad there weren't any rips in the water we were in.
What you had to do if caught in a rip is you had to stay calm and lay on your back like a starfish. Then you put your hand up to make sure people know you're in trouble. If no one sees you then you have to swim along the beach to the waves and they will take you back in. I had loads of fun!

Rayan - Let me get one thing straight, the changing rooms ain’t nice, like totally unhygienic! But I don’t want to ruin the reflection by, by… “describing” the changing room. So anyways, about the- kind of fun day. First we did beach games (I didn't really like that) there was a whole lot running and racing. We were trying to practise saving people with the red rescue tube on the sand. I thought it was pretty much pointless because there’s a whole lot of difference on the dry land and in the sea, because one, in the sea the current is pushing you, but on land there’s no difficulties moving around and plus the string attaching to the tube kept on tangling with my legs.

Romy - Josh saw an incoming surf wave he knew this was his chance to impress all his friends. The surf was still many miles out but Josh could tell something was wrong the wave was at least 40 feet tall now and was still growing.That's when Josh realised the problem that wave was a TSUNAMI He immediately heard the sirens blaring but josh was stuck with no wave he was stuck a mile out with no wave to bring him back and a Tsunami about to smash the city.

Poom - Today at Mirangi bay I learnt to try to stand up when in trouble because if you can stand up you can just run back to shore.
When I was rescuing others I got smashed by a wave I thought I was drowning but I wasn’t because I just stood up and I was fine.
My patient was so annoying because he just lied back so I told him your like the worst patient EVER!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone has learnt great life saving skills at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some wonderful stories that make me think a lot.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some wonderful stories that make me think a lot.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool story i like them a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the storys alot COOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool storys i like them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, good thing you ducked Masaya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice stories i like them alot

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete